16 High St
Tel number 01256 770775
Fax number 01256 771773
Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
H-C Travel is the UK's only licensed tour operator specialising in motorcycle tours around the world (TTA member T7861). We offer a comprehensive service for bikers, so whatever your needs, call us for advice. We offer road and/or off-road tours as well as bike hire, in the following countries:
USA, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Peru, Chile, New Zealand, Australia, Thailand, India, Nepal, Bhutan, Tibet, Israel, South Africa, Morocco, Andorra, Spain, France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, UK
H-C Travel also offers hotel bookings for club/group tours, as well as flights, travel insurance, air- and sea-freight and much more.
Opening times Mon-Sat 09.00-17.30
Directions of how to find our premises, between Basingstoke and Andover, 4 miles from the A303 and 6 miles from the A34
We've had quite an eventful time at H-C Travel since the last newsletter, so here's just a little to keep you up to date on what's new and what's hot.
What with Foot and Mouth causing the cancellation of the Isle of Man TT races, the summer got off to a bad start.
We then had fun and games in Nepal in June, with our first tour of the year to Tibet starting the day after the royal family massacre. All of our riders survived intact, with not just stories about Tibetan roads and Mt Everest, but also the atmosphere in Kathmandu on that fateful weekend.
However, on the up side, we have had more interest than ever in our Route 66 guided tours, and more riders doing the Mother Road on their own (with our basic route instructions). We've also hired out more Harleys this year than ever in the USA (although interest in the bikes we expected to be popular for UK riders, the VFR800, has been less enthusiastic - perhaps VFR owners are all secret Harley lovers!). And we've had a surge in enquiries for GP and WSB tickets all over Europe.
And there's always something to look forward to:
1. Watch it live - Sturgis 2001 on H-C Travel's webcam 6-12 August!!! And if this takes your fancy, remember we can organise your trip to Sturgis next year (or Daytona, Biketoberfest or Arizona Bike Week). If you have any problems with this link, do let me know. This is the first time we have tried this technology, and I'm a hardened techno-cynic, so I think it will be marginally less than perfect, but hey, if you don't try it .... If it works for you, let me know too!
2. American Iron/American Music tour. Join our first ever tour to the Deep South, taking in Nashville, New Orleans, Memphis and much more. Lots of Harleys, and lots of music. Departs 27 September. Get in touch if you want to join us.
3.Chile/Argentina. We like to have something to offer you every so often. For this winter one of our two new destinations is Chile/Argentina. We have now finalised the itinerary, adding a day to the planned tour to better fit in with flight times. I am sure this is going to prove a popular winter destination - sun, volcanoes, lakes, coasts, and all things Latin American. BMW F650s all round. Departs 4 February, and custom dates available for clubs/groups of 6 riders.
4. Kerala. Our other new destination for this winter is Kerala. Again, some great riding, this time on, of course, Enfield Bullets. Much more than just a jaunt through the Indian countryside, we take in the stunning beaches and backwaters of Kerala, the mountains (over 2000 m), wildlife refuges, tea plantations and summer retreats. About to go up on the website, or contact us for further information. Dates in November February and March.
5. South Africa. We are developing our popular self-guided Cape Tours this winter, with some exciting new options such as feeding the sharks and helicopter flights.
6. Total Solar Eclipse. if you went to Cornwall or France for the last total eclips you know just how impressive it is. Well, combine that experience with a holiday in South Africa and some great motorcycle riding and you have a true once in a lifetime experience. We will be running a 3 week tour across South Africa, starting 30 Nov 2002 - the eclipse is on 4 Dec. If you're interested then let me know, numbers are limited and it's first come first served. Price is expected to be around £2500 for a rider, £1750 for a pasenger (depending on whether Tony Blair gets us in the Euro or not!) plus flights at around £600-700 each.
7. NEW YEAR'S PARTY. In San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. Try something a little different for New Year. A tour through northern Mexico, with a 3-night stop/party at New Year. Celebrate in true Mexican style, choice of BMWs and Harleys. Call us for more information.
8. Snowmobiling - the ultimate winter sport. If you think skiing or motorcross are as good as it gets, and if you like adventure, speed, and more fun than you can handle, then try our snowmobiling in the Canadian Rockies for size. Your horizons just got wider. Call for details.
Apart from these great new tours, our winter programmes to Florida and Southwestern USA, Morocco, Mexico, India, Thailand, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand continue to offer ideal winter holidays - check out the website or email us for more information.
And of course it won't be long before thoughts turn to next summer. So if you want to preregister on any of our tours or rental bikes for summer 2002, please let me know.
Well, I hope that's enough to whet the appetite ...
Have a great summer's riding!
H-C Travel, 16 High St, Overton, Hants. RG25 3HA, UK
www.hctravel.com, tel 01256 770775, fax 01256 771773
TTA member T7861
Offering the world's widest choice of motorcycle tours and hire
Click on the buttons below to see other bike shops
Click above to return to the index
H-C Travel,overton,Hampshire,RG25 3HA Bike tour organisers